The City of Spokane Valley is a dynamic city that offers great benefits and opportunities for employees to grow and lead.
Human Resources Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure positive employee relations and administer benefits.
- Conduct and deliver citywide training.
- Administer classification and compensation management programs.
- Develop administrative policies and related procedures to employment.
- Recruit and retain highly qualified employees.
- Coordinates American's with Disabilities Act responses
- Administers the City's Risk Management Program
- Community Identity and Pride
- Focus on the Future
- Open, Collaborative Government
In support of the City's community values, the Human Resources Department:
- Promotes an environment that supports the home and family, and job education opportunities.
- Encourages citizens of Spokane Valley and their government to look to the future beyond the present generation and to bring such ideas to public discussion, enhancing a sense of community identity.
- Values a “user-friendly" government in which governance practices and general operations consider how citizens will be served in the most responsive, effective, and courteous manner.
We are a diverse group of professionals who bring a wealth of experience, skills, and knowledge to the City. Our key value is Customer Service. The principles guiding our customer service philosophy are:
- Best Practices